At the 1995 IFSA conference in Sao Paulo (Brazil) IFSA decided to become a Federation and thus has regional chapters and special interest groups as members.
Please apply for your IFSA membership through your regional chapter or special interest group. IFSA membership of individual members of a chapter/society is obtianed only through the membership of their chapter/society.
Each chapter collects dues from its members. Namely,
- Membership due: To maintain chapter activities, e.g. newsletter, or their regional journal.
- Fee for FSS (if the member wants to receive it)
- Chapter dues: Each chapter and special interest group have to select one of the following categories
- Category A (due: $5000, 4 votes in the council)
- Category B (due: $1000, 2 votes in the council)
- Category C (due: $200, 1 vote in the council)